Though a mention of the Ca Dei Frati community can be traced back to as early as 1782, the wine label was officially established during 1939. It was during this time that Felice Dal Cero shifted to a cellar in Lugana found in the district of Sirmione in Italy. His son Pietro took the legacy forward in 1969 when he created the first wine under the Casa Dei Frati label, later renamed as Ca dei Frati. Today this label is managed by his wife and children very efficiently.
The grapes for the wines are cultivated in the brand’s own vineyards located in Lugana di Sirmione and the areas surrounding San Martino della Battaglia. The Luxinum vineyard located in Valpolicella is of 11 hectares and it has been newly added to the family’s collection.